Friday, September 27, 2013

Sizzix Magnetic Platform

This is a WARNING TO ALL!!
DO NOT use your magnetic platform in place of your multi-purpose platform. I used mine BY MISTAKE!!! when I was embossing with an embossing folder and busted my Vegabon machine. BUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sharing my mistake to hopefully spare others for a costly loss. It looks like a multi-platform base plate as far as the thickness.. however it is ever so slightly thicker. Enough to break the Vegabon. I realize there is a picture on the front showing the layering for thinlet dies, I just didn't think and grabbed it to emboss.
There is no warning label that I could find that says DON'T use as a multi-purpose replacement, and I read a lot of messages on the Splitcoaststampers forum where people made mention that they thought this was going to be a replacement for the multi-purpose platform, since it had been discontinued. IT'S NOT!
Being a crafter for over 30 years, my thoughts are, if I made this mistake I was concerned "NEWBIES" might too and what a big chunk of $$$ goes out the window.
I hope this saves someone from such a loss!
I emailed Sizzix to alert them to this and of course, I hope they will either repair or replace my machine. As much as I truly doubt it, one never knows.
Here's hoping for a better crafting day!
You all have a great day!!!!
( sorry for any typo errors... Blogger wouldn't let me edit, and I had to get this out first thing)

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear your vagabond broke. :( I know how much I love mine so I can only imagine how much you will miss yours. Thank you for the heads up and warning.

    ReplyDelete