Thursday, January 23, 2014

Working in the Mixed Media Studio

I spent a lot of time at the hospital this past weekend with a friend
and my son. Of course, I had to visit the gift store and there was an adorable canvas of a dog. I had a canvas on my workbench for weeks and just couldn't come up with anything. Well…. I decided to make an "Odie" canvas. My awesome black lab. This is stage one.. I had already prepared the background with lots of layers of paints, papers, stamping and then I cut his shape out using printed card stock. This if stage two.

Stage three, I wasn't happy with making him grey since he is black. so I just kept adding more black, white and grey until I got to the final stage.

This is the final product and I LOVE IT!!! Steve said he loved it too and wants to hang it in his office. I wanted to hang it in the living room LOL Hope you enjoyed seeing what I do in the mixed media studio. Have a great day!

1 comment: