Monday, October 17, 2016

Devotional Art Cards

Hi Everyone!
The other night I was surfing the net and came across Lynn @ scrappyhappymom.blogspot.com. She is I think the head of a group of women that do Devotional Art Cards. It reminded me of the ATC cards I did years ago. I LOVED this idea because not only could I do my mixed media art I could study God's word at the same time. Oh the bonus, I had my own "flash cards" to refresh my memory of God's word for me on a particular day.  The card below is totally inspired by the work she did, it helped me to get a kick start to how to manage that size surface and she is soooo talented with her ideas, So, THANKS Lynn for your ideas and videos. This is actually the second one I did I'll share the first one next. I actually used  an old art journal I had worked in doing a class about 5 years ago and thought why not cut it up and use it as my base I love the way that one turned out too.
This card has a quote our Pastor shared yesterday during his teaching and I loved it.
I hope you enjoy seeing what I came up with. I used the stamp set Dare to be Artzy for the flower, lots of cheap acrylic paints and my gelli plate for the background, modeling paste, stencils, Distress stains and inks and my favorite black pen to outline. Have a blessed day!!

!

No comments:

Post a Comment